woensdag 13 november 2013

Experiments in aquarel


I had some fun with some aquarel crayons. They were lying in my cabinet for a while now, but I didn't really know how to use them. Until a week or so back I went to a big fair for all kinds of creative hobbies. The kind where you can buy anything from scrapbook supplies to wool, clay & beads. The kind where you can easily get addicted to at least three new hobbies :-)

There was a lady there, she was demonstrating new markers, water color markers. I admired her work, and since it wasn't that busy yet we started talking a bit. I told her about my tangling and the markers I have. She told me that I should try using a pen-brush to dilute the colores. She showed me how to do it. Well, needless to say, I went home with that 'pen-brush'. It's an easy thing, looks like a big ballpoint, has a fine brush tip, that I can fill up with some water.

Keen to see how it works, I realised I could use the aquarel crayons to do so. Using some simple Zentangle patterns this is what it turned out to be.
It was a nice experiment. The diluting I needed to get a hang off, trying to see how much crayon I needed to add. I like how the major lines didn't really fade, the diluted color acted like a shade.
Something to repeat, that's for sure, more experimenting, more fun :-)

Wishing you a colorful day,

XO
Maureen


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten