donderdag 14 november 2013

Sometimes it's good to look back

Zentangle - dec. 4th 2011

Although I am a firm believer of living in the 'Here and Now' as much as you possibly can, sometimes it is quite alright to look back.
In my case, I went back to some of the Zentangle Inspired pieces I made in 2011. That was a periode where I made almost a one a day, and it felt good. This one I still am in love with. I'd sort of forgotten about it... isn't that sad?
Lucky me, I have a beautiful archive, a handmade book with all pieces I created. I can take it out of my cabinet, browse through it.
Do you recognise this? Sometimes when I do that, browse through older pieces of creation, when it's long enough ago, I look at them as if I didn't make them myself, and when there is one that is just, well, beautiful, I'm admiring it in a way I would admire a beautiful piece by someone else. Until it hits me: I made this, ME.... It still makes me blush that feeling. I embrace it too, 'cause it builds my confidence. That I break down time and again, myself, yes.

So, this Zentangle piece from the past. It has a fall/winter feel. I love that brown vintage feel paper. There were only a few pages of that paper, made it special. December 4th it says, 2011. Almost two years ago. I'm glad I kept it, preserved it. Now I can share it with you, maybe it will inspire you in some way. At the least it made me feel good. Inspired to keep up with these tangles :-)

What about you? Have you looked back to some of your work of a few years back recently? How does that make you feel? Remember, we all evolve, we all make 'mistakes', we all learn. And maybe, just maybe, there is a little special creation lying there, somewhere in your archive, ready to make you smile, to make you feel good...

XO
Maureen

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten