donderdag 11 juli 2013

Pink and Gorgeous - Take One

Sometimes I need to leave my creations alone for a good few days when I’m in the process of designing a new Pack. I’ll have some backgrounds, maybe some elements, I’m liking the colors and the mood, yet looking at the pieces combined to a whole it will be unsatisfying.
So in stead of getting to a point where I’m so frustrated that I throw everything out, I’ll leave it be. Turn my back on it altogether, promising myself I’ll get back to it in a little while.
This happened while creating “Pink and Gorgeous”. The central reference – a soft blend of several stunning pink hydrangea – was my constant.







That first session of creation led me here:
Not too bad, I admit, yet not really good either. Resting it was.

When I came back to it I saw only one option. All the backgrounds had to go, only the frame and word art could stay. 
Relieved that I’d taken that though decision, the fresh start I made was still rocky. I had to shake the feeling of failure. By the time my count of background papers got to #15, I was back on track… Elements, like a cute button, were added. Steadily working, trying to keep in the flow, the Pack bloomed - “Pink and Gorgeous” is what it now really has become. In my humble opinion :-)


And now? Now I am going to let it rest again. My experience with these creations is that it needs to ripe some more. Looking at it after a good night sleep will tell me what it needs. And I will ask a dear friend to take a look too. 
After that: final tweaking and fine tuning... 

To be continued!  


Love, Maureen


PS: what do you think? Gorgeous? I'd love to hear.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten